Enable ES400 WLAN via REG file

// Expert user has replied.
B Bruce Campbell 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

I am looking for a way to enable the WLAN radio on the ES400 via a reg file. I am running into two issues: 1) The usual reg file I would use with the following:    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WLAN] "InitialState"=dword:0    does not work because that registry setting is no listed on the ES400 like it is on other devices. 2) RegMerge does not seem to be working the same as on other devices either.  I have put multiple reg files in the \Application folder and they do not seem to be being merged with the registry. Any help is very much appreciated!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

H Herbert de Jong

hi bruce   see below to enable WLAN
ES400 and MC65 enable Wlan after cleanboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WCSRV] "InitialState"=dword:0

If a user THEN turns WLAN off in Wireless Manager and reboots, it will stay OFF at that point. 

This registry key changes based on the current state of Wireless Manager and is read when the device boots. you are also seeing regmerge not working OK, if you are on OEM 19.xx  that might have a bug. were regkeys were not taking affect. Move to OEM 31.2 or to  19.0103  whihc has it fixed. Also regmerge process only kicks in after an cleanboot or after a boot were skipmerge regkey has been explictly been changed to 0. You can always manually regmerge the files and confirm with yes and then reboot.

R Richard Linsley-Hood

One thing to be aware of that does catch people out at times. .reg (and .cpy) files MUST be 8 bit wide characters, not 16. Sometimes people create .reg files using notepad (or whatever) and fail to notice that they are saving it using wide characters (i.e. Unicode). Any file encoded as 16 bit characters will look prefectly OK but will silently fail without merging the keys in it. This may not be the problem here but.....

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?