As I can manage AP6532?, if IP is not known. if it was modify the default

I Ivan Fdo. Castro 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

I have two AP6532, but I can not leave factory default, for management of this appliance. Thank you for your instruction

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

I Ivan Fdo. Castro

Se debe utilizar la herramienta "AP Discover Tool", la cual nos permite realziar el reset default del equipo y nos permite la visualizacion de la IP que tiene configurada. Ing. Ivan Castro

K Karol Radosovsky

WING 5.x APs as well as RFS use the zero config IP address, which can be calculated as following: Default IP address on AP65xx / rfs4000, etc... • Built-in = 169.254.0xYY.0xZZ/16 • with MAC : 5C:0E:8B:07:YY:ZZ The other way would be to set the option 189 on local DHCP server to any RFS that you have in your lab/it office so that it would adopt the AP and then you can easily manage the AP from RFS. Once it gets the IP from the DHCP server, you can also manage it separately. Username = admin (default – WiNG 5) Password = motorola (default – WiNG 5) I strongly recommend WING5 hands-on training provided by Motorola as this is a new complex system that combines the old WS fw 1.x, 2.x policy based features with the later WING ones. Of course a knowledge of WLAN/RF principles is a must when properly configuring AP's or RFS units. With AP6532 and WINGF5.2 onwards you can also use the Virtual Controller feature that allows you to only configure one device in a network and the rest of the AP's (up to 24) will get the config automatically.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?