ES400 - Exchange Mail Sync

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
2 8 0

I have a customer who is performing the initial setup on their ES400 devices. On some devices they receive a "not enough memory" error.  I had the customer send me the information from the memory applet on one of the affected devices: Storage:Total 653 MB / In Use 40.33 MB / Free 612.67 MB
Program: Total 178.97 MB / In use 118.49 MB / Free 60.48 MB
-- Is this an issue we can troubleshoot or support? If so, is the next step capturing eMscript logs?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

8 Replies

G Gene Niles

those logs do not seem to show when the error window occurs. we need the time stamp in resource.csv that corresponds to the window or error occuring

C Charles Malm

Hi Gene, I had the customer capture the time of the error and had him reproduce the issue 4 times. 1st –Attempt at synchronizing:

12:09PM

Support Code: 0x80070000E

Result: There is not enough free memory on your device to synchronize information. To free up memory, please close programs that are running, or restart your device

2nd Error Shot:

12:19

Result: There is not enough free memory on your device to synchronize information. To free up memory, please close programs that are running, or restart your device

3rd Error Shot:

12:25

4th –Attempt synchronizing exchange:

12:39pm

All four error shots show the last successful synchronized date was:

10/10/2011 1:05pm

G Gene Niles

The memory on this device looks good. It's possible that the problem is resolved before emscript does the next snap. If they can reproduce the issue, try getting a snapshot (or leaving it alone for 30 mins so emscript can auto capture a dump). I suspect it is most likely something to do with the synch contents more so than device space. I also did a quick google search and found the following url. For this error code, they seem to imply the size of the contents being synched may be a factor. If that is the case, try synching the items in parts to see if there is a specific item causing the issue. http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/exchange_errors.php

C Charles Malm

Attached is a screenshot and emscript logs.

G Gene Niles

there were no logs attached. Just the binaries to run emscript.

C Charles Malm

Attached are the actual logs.

T Thomas Cassar

Sure eMscipt would be a start. When do they get the error?  Do they have a screenshot or picture of the error? Is it when using IE with Flash websites?

C Charles Malm

They are syncing their mail account with their exchange server. I'll see if I can get a screenshot and some eMscript logs.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?