MC75A weird photos with Imager API

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years ago
0 5 0

Has anyone seen this sort of images taken with MC75A using imager API? It looks like a TV set out of synch! I have been told it usually happens when illumination is poor.

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Alan Epshteyn

I have a few questions about this issue: 1. Are you using the Imaging API with the Camera or the Imager? 2. Is there any post-processing being done on the image?  3. How are you getting the .PNG format?  Do you have a version of the original image before it was converated to PNG? -Alan

P Praveen Shrinivas Narappanavar

Hi Alan, I am looking at this issue. The image is captured by using color camera through Imaging API under bright light conditions. This issue happens only when we use AUTO_FOCUS_IMMEDIATE where we show the auto focus happening in the preview window. If we use AUTO_FOCUS_ENABLE then we dont see the issue. We have noticed that this issue also happens when the preview resolution and capture resolution are not same immaterial of using any AUTO_FOCUS mode. The EMDK sample sets the preview resolution to 640x480 while the capture resolution is set to 800x600. This issue is not seen on Microsoft Pictures & Videos or DShowCamTest App, as we dont have the option to set AUTO_FOCUS mode to AUTO_FOCUS_IMMEDIATE from the application. I have dumped the raw data of the image in AcquisitionThreadProc() and we see the fragmentation. From see the image we can observe that its captured in 640x480 resolution but the buffer is allocated for 800x600. That's why we see a blank strip at the right hand side of the image and a small strip of the top portion of the image at the bottom. - Praveen N

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Alan, They use colour camera. And tes, they do some postprocessing just to add some text to the image. Then they convert to png format to send it to the server. However, this "fragmentation" is seen on the viewfinder, so problem has nothing to do with picture manipulation. Praveen, Interestingly, my customer told me that this happens when illumination is low and/or there is a camera motion.

S Samuel Garcia Blanco

SPR ID: 21180 Synopsis:   MC75A – Fragmented images when captured programmatically in bright conditions Description:   When programmatically capturing images using our imager API, from time to time the camera driver returns fragmented image ( the top fragment of the picture is repeated in the bottom of it) 

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Moc diky, vazeneho Pucelanu kolegu!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?