Disable Voice Commander on ES400 / MC65

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Kloentrup 3 years ago
3 5 0

I have a customer that wants to use the PTT button with Grapevine but even if I remap the key to the Grapevine application holding down the key will start voice commander and give the "Say a Command" voice prompt. This was just introduced in BSP 31 for the ES400 but exists in the MC65 as well. It will not work as the actual PTT key.

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

E Edward Michalsen

Hi, Try this, I can't remember quite what it remaps it to, it might map the button to the camera:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\keypad\english]

"Button_PTT"=dword:0000000d

D Daniel Park

Thanks Edward, that did the trick.

T Thomas Cassar

Note step #3, "ES400 keys" was just a test app to show it is working. Step #3 is not needed.  If you want to verify as in Step #3, you can get the test app from the SPR.

D Daniel Park

Team, I remapped the PTT key to None using the remap application. This worked fine, however when I try to extract the differences in RemCapture, it doesn't seem to be getting picked up as a reg change. Does anyone have a reg key for diabling the PTT button on an MC65? cheers, Daniel

T Thomas Cassar

See SPR21063 for the solution: This works for both ES400 and MC65 (Qwerty): 1) Go into key remap utility and select 'Library - reset All' to establish a common baseline 2) Next map the PTT button (short press) to hard keyboard - PTT (short press) [basically remap PTT short press back to itself] 3) Run ES400 Keys. Press PTT key and hold for 10 seconds, key down event will be seen and then release and key up event will be shown

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?