RGIS

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
11 2 0

All, Has anyone come across a company called RGIS ( www.rgis.com)? They have appeared at one of my customers doing audits / accounting in the retail stores. They are apparently using a mobile computer that they manufacture themselves which according to some of the store managers is scanning significantly quicker than the MC9090s that they are using for standard store stock management applications. This has now lead to the business ops guys wanting me to come in and explain what we can do to make our kit perform better!!!! I wanted to see whether anyone knew anything about the company and the hardware that they are using. If its some proprietary hardware that they are making themselves it probably has one of our scan engines in it so I can't imagine that there is a hardware differential. Any thoughts / info would be welcome. IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

If the 9090s are imager units, you might also want to try changing the focus to near.  That can make a big difference.

K Keith Falkenhagen

RGIS is a direct account out of Michigan. They use our scan engine, or Ring scanner depending on which config the user selects. If it scans quicker it may be that they only enable the codes they scan, UPC, 128 and 3of9. It will not scan anything else. The termnal is designed and built by them for a single purpose. Scan, enter a number (qty) and scan again. Let me know if you  need anything else..

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?