Datawedge installation with MSP

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Walther 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

Today I have tried to install DataWedge via MSP onto an MC9190 CE. As DataWedge is only persistent when installed to the Application folder I have found no way to achieve this on an automated install.

If I use the CAB Template within Builder, the DataWedge CAB file installs silently to the Program Files location. Looking at the CAB file I can see that the default installation is set to %CE1% which is correct for Program Files and by manually installing the CAB I am able to change the installation location to Application.

Do we know a way we can achieve this via MSP?

Many thanks Justin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Justin; There are two ways to attack this. The first approach would be to use the CAB file provided as part of the DataWedge release.  As you mention, the CAB file does not install DataWedge persistently, hence it will disappear on cold/clean reboot (depending on the device OS).  But if you use the MSP Package Builder, you can have MSP automatically re-install the CAB file following a cold/clean reboot.  Of course, this approach will likely not result in the configuration of DataWedge being persistent, so you may find it unacceptable. The second approach would be to use the Application folder provided as part of the DataWedge release.  This approach requires that you use the MSP Package Builder to deploy the provided files to the Application partition so they will be persistent across a cold/clean reboot.  Further, once you configure DataWedge on a given device, the configuration should be stored where the files are and hence should also persist across cold/clean reboot.  If you want to configure all devices the same, then you will need to capture the configuration of one device and include it with the files deployed to Application.  I can't tell you what files you need to capture to mass deploy the configuration of DataWedge, but I suspect it is either covered in the DataWedge documentation or you can get help with that from a forum for DataWedge. At present, the MSP team does not provide any direct integration between MSP and DataWedge.  If this is something you think is valuable, please feel free to submit a GRIP, with appropriate justification, so it can be considered for a future release of MSP. Thanks, Allan

J Justin Walther

Hi Allan Just to let you know I have received a new DataWedge install CAB file that now defaults to the Application folder. I have deployed this wilth MSP and all is working fine. Thanks Justin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?