MSP 3.2 and WM 6.5

// Expert user has replied.
A Abdul hamid Mujawar 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

I need your help. I have customer with 600 odd MC95 WM 6.1. They have MSP 3.2. The staging and provisioning is working fine with this machines.  Now they have bought new 140 MC95 WM 6.5. The staging is working fine. But when we tries to run the application it gives an error. The error screen is attached. If we installed application manually. It works fine.

Any idea what could be the cause of error.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

L Larry Dykes

If the application works OK when installed manually, but not when installed via an MSP Package, then we need to look at the design of the Package that installed the application. the error message shows that it is from the application (so it's installed but still has a problem), but it is not very informative - you may be able to get more information from the applicaiton provider about what problems would cause this message to appear.  there is most likely a problem in the installation package, so we need more information about that package - if it is a CAB file wrapped in an APF then there is a possiblity that the CAB file installs differently on 6.5 when it is installed by the Install Command line in the APF. Are you sure that all the prerequisites for the package to are installed properly? Remember, if using a CAB inside an APF, it is the execution of the "install command" that is responsible for accompishing the installation - and in case of failure or incomplete install, responsible for returning ERROR to the MSP Client that is performing the install. If an installation program does not accomplish a complete installation but returns SUCCESS to the MSP client, you will not be able to tell when an installation has actually been successful. what version of the MSP client is on your wm6.1 and wm6.5 devices. Is it the same? 

A Abdul hamid Mujawar

Thanks Guy, The problem was due to Arabizer application. Thanks & Regards Abdul Hamid

E Efkan YILMAZ

Can you press the "details" button and see what it tells you? Sometimes this can help point to what the issue is.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I suspect some cab files are not installed, so application crashes. Possibly the right CF .NET version's cab is missing -assuming it's a .NET application, correct me if I am wrong. When this kind of applications are manually deployed from a PC running VS 200X, it installs all the required cabs and so via activesync. Please run \Windows\cgacutil.exe on a working WM 6.1 MC95, on a manually deployed WM 6.5 and on a non-working WM 6.5 and see the differences -if any. In principle, I do not think MSP is the root cause, anyway.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?