MC75A6 - device slowness

// Expert user has replied.
R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

1) Time/Date - 9:51Am/11-28-2011 2) Response time - 4 hours 3) Product - MC75A6-P4CSWRRA9WR 4) OS Version - OEM – 02.37.0001,  OS VER – 05.02.23137  build 23137.5.3.9 5) Clarify Case # - 2484012

APAC Customer reports that the MC75A6 is reporting device slowness across all their devices. They ran eMscript and I don’t see anything that stands out that might contribute to the device slowness.  Looking at the bk.csv file at lines 738-1019 I see that the a) Battery only lasted for about 4 ½ hrs. b) High Current drain c) WLAN is ON is constantly looking for the network but no connection.

Need some thoughts if you see anything else. I attached the eMscript files provided by the customer.

Customer feedback on my thoughts above ‘We are particularly interested to know if there are any indications of memory issues related to Maximus application running on the devices, or even Soti MobiControl which is running on the devices also.  We really need to get some definitive information back to the customer as they have now halted implementation of this whole project  to the remaining sites, until they have confirmation that the devices and application are truly going to do the job.    So, we need to get the device side details out to the customer.’

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D David Meyer

There are a number of items taking up a lot of CPU %.  If you look at the process list 94, you can see that MaxMobility has taken up over 19% of CPU time since the last check, an ConnMgr has taken up a large amount, as well as Shell32.  I would guess that MaxMobility is doing something that also has an effect on ConnMgr and Shell32 and thus causes the CPU to be highly utilized, making the system seem sluggish and the battery life short.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?