ES400 Sprint CPU pegged in EMScript

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Have a customer using the Sprint branded ES400, EMScript logs are showing the CPU being pegged at near 90-100% constantly.  I am having trouble pin pointing the culprit in the proc list.  I do not see any application with high avg CPU usage. Hoping someone can take a peak and show me what I am missing.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Kevin, If you plot out the notification count and process count you see a some usage/variation (not much but frequent) here - could be normal - but could be an issue. If an application starts/exits - continually it can give a high CPU load with little evidence as it would have exited before any process snapshots (every 30 mins). Also if an app starts a thread and that exits it would also give the same symptom. You could time the script to capture these - Do not keep capturing process logs - this is very CPU intensive - Just log thread count and process count frequently. The notifciation database is typically the source of this (starting apps frequently)- Try dumping out the notification database - I have an app to do this so do ECSG. A partner of mine has seen FileSys.exe have a very high (100%) CPU load on some ES400's - We think it could be something to do with the compaction threads (low priority, so no noticeable performance impact - apart from poor battery life)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?