Windows Mobile 6.5.1 vs Windows Mobile 6.5.3

N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 5 months ago
9 2 0

Team, one of our partners forwarded me this link about the known issues regarding applications porting  between the two WM builds.
http://blog.ruggedandmobile.com/2010/11/19/windows-mobile-6-5-1-vs-6-5-…
Although I have not been able to see the video, seems that competition has a solution which is supposed to solve the issues encountered. Looks like it is dual-boot solutions but I am not sure. I would like to know if someone has seen this in real and if we offer something similar or any kind of response that we could provide to our partners. Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

It sounds like there solution is just to offer the customer the ability to choose between the two versions.  I don't think its actually a dual boot solution.

Either way I think the response to the partners is that Microsoft will not provide any updates/fixes to version 6.5.1 so they will be stuck on that exact version.  It is not a sustainable solution and they will still eventually have to move to 6.5.3 and later if they want to receive patches/updates.  It sounds more like a temporary band-aid rather than a solution.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

If I were you, I would use this "feature" of MS to leverage RhoElements real power: forget about everything but what matters -THE application!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?