Remove Carriage Return on 5250 emul

// Expert user has replied.
M Matthieu Dierick 3 years 5 months ago
422 5 0

Hi team, I have a sticky issue with Wavelink 7.x. I'm not able to remove Carriage Return after each scan on 5250 emulation. All parameters are set to NO :
Emulation – 5250 and 3270 – Common – Auto Send Key Data 

Emulation – 5250 and 3270 – Common – Auto Send Screen

Scanner – Common – Auto Send Scans 
Any idea why CR is still there after a scan ? I'm not able to find any Scan Terminator parameters for 5250 emulation (only available for VT). I attach my wavelink config. Thanks. Matt

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

J Jeff Bean

Marc, we should also analyze the barcodes being scanned.  This functionality may have been built in to the barcodes.  We may be able to remove it via Scan Handler(s).

J Jack Burleson

In a 5250 screen; fields can be defined to "autosubmit" the screen on their entry.  It may be that the field into which you are scanning data is defined as such a field.  If so, it will autosubmit the screen when data is entered and the screen tries to advance to the next field.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

If the field is set to Autosubmit/AutoEnter, entering data via keyboard should also automatically submit the screen. This is the best way to prove "problem" is not related to barcode scanning. If this is not the case then yes it would make sense to check barcode's content.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Have you tried just to fill the field by hand (keyboard) and see if this is automagically sent? It may well happen that this is the only input field on the screen and it is set to "autosend" by the very application.

M Marc Fluhrer

I had this happen at one of my customers and they needed to change how the AS400 was handling the data because the AS400 was doing the automatic carrige return.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?