No prompt for Proxy authentication dialog via Activesync Passthrough

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

1) 15:00/12-28-11 2) 3-day 3) MC9090 4) WM5.0 5) 2520598
Customer has an MC9090/WM5.0. When conencted via WiFi, device connects to their LAN via proxy server which requires authentication and a dialog box pops up on the mobile device for credential input. When connected via Activesync, the correct network settings are passed to the device from the host PC but the authentication dialog box requesting credentials never pops up, therefore device cannot connect to their LAN. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a limitation of the Activesync DTPT client on the device , or the DTPT server on the host...or something completely different?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Howard Laser

Thanks, David We also do not have a proxyserver with authentication...but I will pass along the recommendation regarding switching to Work network.

D David Meyer

I misunderstood the original request.  I believe that when connected through activesync, the passthough mechanism would use to PC's settings, but I don't know if that would include the proxy settings. Is there any way to set something up similar so it can be tested?  I don't have a proxy server which requires a password.  Does customer support have one? Dave

D David Meyer

One thing to ask the customer to try would be on ActiveSync on the PC, go to the connection settings, under "This computer is connected to:", select "Work" instead of "Automatic".  See if that helps.

D David Meyer

This seems to be a limitation with the way Microsoft handled setup of the proxy via ActiveSync DTPT.  I would recommend just configuring the Proxy manually, or via XML configuration if possible.

H Howard Laser

Thanks for your response David. I think I need to clarify the issue further... The network and  proxy settings ARE getting passed through to the device...but when attempting to connect, the dialog box for authentication credentials does NOT pop up on the device. When device is connected via WiFi...the dialog box for authentication does pop up on the device allowing user to enter credentials. Should we assume this is also a limitation of the DTPT client/server?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?