How to setup network configuration with Wing 5.2.1

A Alarico De Zotti 3 years ago
2 0 0

Hi all, I'm trying to setup a very easy Wifi deploy with WiNG 5.2.1. A VLAN 1 with my controller (RFxxxx) a core switch and connected to this core switch with a fiber optic ring branch subsidiary L3 switch (HPprocurve 3500 core and HP procurve 2610 access switch) The VLAN1 192.168.0.0/24 the controller 192.168.0.1/24 the core switch 192.168.0.2/24 and subsidiary  swicth  192.168.0.xyz (ex 192.168.0.3/24). Is a flat network with the exception of the subsidiary switch that has two VLAN , Vlan 1 with the ipaddress above with only the fiber optic port untagged ( 26 or 27) and all other port of the switch on VLAN 3 (192.168.3.0/24 and Ip address of the switch 192.168.3.1/24). This switch act as DHCP relay for the 192.168.3.0 network and default gateway for 192.168.3.0 network. Customer needs: Deploy 1 WiFi network (same essid and configuration for all branch office) Part of the AP are wired connected to the access switch and some AP must be connected with a mesh link The AP must connected with zero touch configuration at the network (I made this setup with Wing 4.x without any problems using RF6000 and AP 7131 on branch office) Now I've a POC in place in my office where the fiber optic ring is replace with a direct wired link between the core switch and the access switch but the configuration is the same. I've a RF4000 with wing 5.2.1 on VLAN1 no other VLAN defined act as RF Domain controller and DHCP server with 2 scope/pool define 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24 with option 189 = 192.168.0.1 and option 191 pool1=192.168.0.1;level=1. I've two types of AP (6511 all wired) and 6532 for mesh point (configured as portal those attched to the wired side and client those attached to mesh side) all connected to the access switch on VLAN 3, I'm not touching any access point configuration (I'm not going to define VLAN or anything else) just only define two wireless network one common for all access point on 2.4 ghz radio and one only for mesh on AP 6532 (mesh link). Al wired AP was adopted correctly by the controller put in the default domain and getting the default_APxxxx configuration, I attach also the mesh AP to get the configuration. First little issue 1) In old Wing 4.x I've 1 single configuration for meshed AP  they can act both as base bridge or client so not need special configuration. In wing 5 I need to define which ones are Portal an which ones are client  so I need to go on each AP and based on their supposed position  deploy them accordling. Second issue put up the mesh link is not enought to bridge the single VLAN that I've so I must define the VLAN as extended/tunnel But this raise the third issue as I define that VLAN1 on access point (the default VLAN) as extende/tunnel of course the AP and client on the other side (wireless mesh link side) acquire the ipaddress but they got the Ipaddress of the wireless controller VLAN so just to recap Switch 192.168.3.1 ---> wired 6532 AP 192.168.3.xyz  (and wireless client connected to the 2.4 Ghz Wifi) -->  mesh 6532 AP 192.168.0.xyz and also the wireless client connected to the 2.4 Ghz network. This is explained because the mint protocol end the tunneled VLAN1 from the meshed AP not directly to the portal AP but on the controller After that I try to use the NOC deployement scenario trying to use MINT lvl2 connection to the controller, define for each branch office a RF domain, define also on the access point the native VLAN that match the one define on the switch. Is almost a week that I try but the situationis even worse: in some configuration AP are not adopted at all by the controller some others are adopted but I can't see the RF domain so AP are zombies see pictures in attach and I've always configuration error. For example configure both the DHCP option and the AP to use lvl2 mint but if I attch a brand new AP still adopted by the controller with Mint lvl 1and even if I define VLAN3 or VLANxyz as the only VLAN and also the controller VLAN  (in the RF domain) the AP still have VLAN1 define.  If I try to access to a branch RF Domain I got errors and so on. Does someone setup something similar ? Or even better was able to setup L3 adoption using level 2 mint protocol Is really a must for each VLAN that must pass a mesh link be define as extended/tunnel VLAN Many thx just only for the time spent to read this long message Alarico  

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?