SHA2 certificate support in IEMobile in WM6.5

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
1 5 0

I have a customer who is inquiring whether or not IE on the device supports SHA2 encryption for SSL... I wasn't able to find any relevant information on this around the web. Is this something we can ask Microsoft?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

D David Meyer

Microsoft confirms that SHA2 is not supported: " I have confirmed that the SSL protocol version on WM6.5 (WEHH 6.5)  does not support SHA2 so unfortunately, you cannot use SHA2 to validate SSL Certificates."

G Gene Niles

we should be able to run this by Microsoft. If no one is volunteering to forward the request, talk to dave Meyer or John Faro to enlist someone. :)

D David Meyer

We can ask Microsoft, but because this is an area we aren't as familiar in, we really need a better question to ask Microsoft.  The postings from Warren Evans has some good information, but can you go back to Warren and ask him to take everything he knows and put it into a more detailed question/document that we could ask Microsoft?

C Charles Malm

This is the same issue in this post:  http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/28679/view.aspx However, they are looking for an official answer.

C Charles Malm

Is this issue not answerable by us (motorola)?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?