Picklist Mode MC65

A Andrew Michael Robinson 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

Hi, Does anyone know how to successfully enable Picklist mode through Datawedge on an MC65 imager? Regards, Andy

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Andrew Michael Robinson

Ian, Thanks for the reply. My understanding of PickList is that you enable it, press the scan button, scroll down a list of barcodes and release the trigger to read the barcode under the cross hair. If I enable picklist it still reads the first barcode it comes across. Enabling the Picklist mode appears to have no effect. I could get it to sort of work with a MC75A 1d laser by setting: AIM Type = Timed Hold AIM Duration = 1500 AIM Mode = Dot This allows me to position the aiming dot on the barcode of choice and then the dot expands and reads the barcode. I can apply the same settings to the MC65 Imager and it works but I suppose my real question is what's the point of the Picklist mode when used with the imager? Andy

E Efkan YILMAZ

The aiming pattern (cross or dot in case of imager) defines an area where imager looks for a barcode. If you have several barcodes in the area then the imager catches only one of them and it's not always the one you need. Thus we've introduced the PickList mode when the imager looks only for the barcode located directly under crossing point or dot. I think what you're looking for is a combination of both PickList mode and Aim Mode = "Timed Release". When both are on the imager - displays the cross when you press the trigger - read the barcode after you release the trigger and - read only the barcode which located directly under aiming cross/dot E.g. you press the trigger, point it to the barcode you need and release the trigger - the engine reads the barcode located directly under cross.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Andy,  Picklist mode works best with the camera as you can see the specific barcode which is being decoded via the on-screen target. The Datawedge profile needs to be modifed to use the camera and the reader params are modified as follows: 1.Set Picklist Mode to Software reticle (This will ensure that only bar code underneath the on-screen target is decoded)

2.Set the Viewfinder mode to dynamic reticule ( in this mode the target will turn green when the barcode underneath can be decoded but will only decode when the trigger is released).   If you wanted to use the imager , you can just change Picklist mode to 1 (enabled) in order to decode only the barcode under the imager crosshair. Best Regards, Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?