MC70 Loses outbound connectivity in Ethernet cradle

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

1) 18:10/02-09-2012 2) 3 day 3) MC70/CRD7000-4000ER 4) WM5.0/6.1 5) Clarify Case # 2532766 Safety-Kleen reports intermittent loss of outbound connectivity on MC70 while in Ethernet cradle. Traces have determined that devices can be pinged, but no outgoing requests are able to leave the device via IE or their App. Can someone please review the eMscript log I attached. They report last succesful response received at 2/9/2012 10:46 IP address is still listed, but TCP/IP Packets remain static after this time.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

D David Meyer

You can see from emscript that the incoming TCP packets stop at the time the customer mentions while running the customer's app, but start again when they launch IE, so perhaps IE browsing issues are a separate issue (did they successfully browse earlier)? It could be an issue with their application or network or server at this point.  Also, process snapshots don't show any memory issue at the time of failure, however you didn't provide any snapshots from before the failure to compare to. Lastly, I notice an EXE called LanUSBLock.exe running on the system.  What is that?  I don't think it is our app... could the customer have created an app that locks down LANUSB, preventing the ethernet from working?

H Howard Laser

I am attaching another file which contains logs captured from Safety-Kleen's MC70 running WM6.1 that experienced same issue. This log also contains a retail log and a read me with failure scenario. I would really appreciate some feedback on these, as the Account team has stated this is a hot issue with Safety-Kleen, and they have engaged Microsoft as well.

H Howard Laser

Dave, thanks for the reply. I think the logs I attached from the 6.1 device should have the proccesses from before the failure. They state that they have stramlined their app just for testing purposes. Please see the read me for their description of the failure. They have also reported that once the condition occurs, IE also cannot access the network.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?