WING5 WEB interface very slow response with WIN7 64 bit OS

M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

I am having problems with the responsiveness of the web GUI  on an AP6532 when using a system with WIN7 64 bit OS. I have tried this on 2 seperate systems and have updated to the latest 64 bit version of Adobe Flash. After logging on, the "clock" will run for about 2-3 minutes each time the user changes the screen. My laptop (32 bit XP) works fine Any insight would be appreciated

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

R Robbe Mellencamp

Wanted to ask a few questions on this – pretty much the entire development team works directly on Windows 7 64-bit machines, and we have not seen a similar issue that is UI-related.  One thing I have noticed is that if a machine is directed through a slow proxy, that could be a possible source of latency.      You can help us by double-clicking on the Motorola icon in the UI to launch the Debug Console and then looking at the  time (ms) that the response takes in the NETCONF Viewer.  This gives us a better sense of how long the request is outstanding (for which the UI is waiting).     If the response time is substantial for the 64-bit machine, but the time is minimal for the 32-bit machine (accessing the exact same AP), then my suspicion is a networking or possibly a proxying issue.

K Kevin Marshall

Marcus, I have been using Windows 7 x64 exclusively for the last three years and have not experienced any UI issues with WiNG 5.X. I would suspect that you have a service running in the background that is posibly causing your issues (Firewall, AntiV or something simular). Regards, Kevin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?