MC55A0 WhiteScreen Issue ABC Stores

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

Date: 2/16/2012 9:30am Case Number: 2489362 Model Number: MC55A0 BSP 41 This TA has been investigating random lockup issues for a long time .. I have submitted previous emscript logs from this TA and ecrt has helped me. Customer is ABC Stores in Hawaii. These attached logs captured the white screen at line 462 (Feb 14 22:16) Observations I see device was cradled at that time processes count decreased by 1 looks like there is a high amount of notifications foreground window was "Error Retrieving Name [DWMainClass]" which I think is Datawedge? still has wireless connectivity but the wlan signal stregnth dropped from -39 to -64 (whatever that means). the main thing is the CPU Load pinged out at 100% from that point on. Can someone please look at these logs to help us understand what caused this white screen? The customer has complained to the PM several times because this issue has been going on intermittently for so long. There is only 1 or devices in each store and the stores are spread out one on each island.. they literally employ one IT guy just to drive around and replace the device at the store. your help is greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Have they installed the capture dump utility and captured a dump when the lockup occurs?

G Glenn Sobel

Thank you for your response Not that I am aware of; only have emscript installed. Is there a utility that is recommended to capture this information? If you can point me to where to find this utility, I can send or recommend for TA to use.

G Glenn Sobel

Thank you Yosi for your response. I have sent that information to the TA specifically the document that was attached to SPR20496 - SPR_20496_required_HW_Fix[1] explaining what the fix addressed.

G Glenn Sobel

additionally here are the process files that was generated at that time.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

AGlenn, RTLog didn't said much beside showing the exceptions. Does it happened also when Datawadge or any other scan applet are closed? If not, then it might be similar to SPR 20496 and 21733, Even though that when working on it I never saw the exceptions as in the attached logs here, But it worth a try. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?