Time Zone Change on MC65

// Expert user has replied.
D Daniel Teeters 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

My customer while on Cellular Data connection has noticed that the time zone does not change, when moving into a new time zone. Is there any way to make this happen, without rebooting the device?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

R Richard Baker

checked with support and this is the way WM works. There is no registry setting to enable ntz to auto update on our devices.

M Marcus Kurath

my thought is that most of the time we travel by air. at 30000 feet you cant get cel reception so naturaly you reconnect to the netwok when you land. I have neer realy cecked my phone aroun the time i change time zones when on aroad trip so i dont know if it changes.  i believe i got th information from alex d. it might make sense to talk to him

M Marcus Kurath

my thought is that most of the time we travel by air. at 30000 feet you cant get cel reception so naturaly you reconnect to the netwok when you land. I have neer realy cecked my phone aroun the time i change time zones when on aroad trip so i dont know if it changes.  i believe i got th information from alex d. it might make sense to talk to him

M Marcus Kurath

I worked an issue like this about a year ago. If i remember correctly the telconetwork time only gets set when th radio disconnectscompletely from the telo (a roam to a new antenna does not trigger a time set) and reconnects

D Daniel Teeters

Why does a Cell Phone change time zones then???

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?