MSP Install RhoElements - ET1

// Expert user has replied.
S Sean Wheatley 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

I'm sure that I had successfully built MSP packages to install the RhoElements runtime and DamageReport app onto the ET1. However, when I came to reuse the bundle on another ET1 this week the package install failed. Sometimes with -1 error and sometimes with -801 error. I'm beginning to think that I the only reason it had worked before was that I had first installed it onto my test device via a cable and that the files would still have been in the SD card after a reset. Another theory is that the ET1 may have to be under MSP management first before the packages can be installed. Ie you cant have them in a staging profile but instead a provisioning policy or action. Is this true? I've tried on production ET1 and with the latest OS. Also I noticed that you cannot browse the contents of the SD card through the File explorer on the ET1 if its currently connected to the PC. Could this prevent MSP from writing to the SD card also?  

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Sean; It is hard to say why your package isn't working since you didn't provide your package or any details of how your package was built. But to answer your question, when the SD card is mounted for access from the PC, it CANNOT be simultaneously accessed by ANY applications running on the device, and that includes the MSP Agent.  So, MSP would NOT be able to write files to an SD card when that SD card was accessable from the PC. But on the ET1, it is not typically the case that applications are written to the SD card.  It can be done, but it is not usual.  Is it something about Rho that caused you to do that?

Finally, you CAN load packages during a Staging Profile, but of course only if the places those packages want to store files are writable at the time they are being loaded.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?