R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 5 months ago
32 4 0

1) Time/Date - 10:00am 2/21/2012

2) Response time - 4 hours

3) Product- MC55A0

4) OS Version - BSP41

5) Clarify Case # - 2538511
Description of Problem:
Unit is running but it displays a Black or Blank (BB).  This occurs after the system performs a reboot which can occur during the staging or provisioning process, and during normal usage (replacing the battery). eMscript attached that captured this failure. Email from the TA who has a device that shows this failure.  Can anybody kindly review the logs and provide guidance on what is going on with these MC55A0's? The failed sample that the TA has been able to duplicate the issue by doing this
The only way I can get it to fail, with no other software on the device,  is to warm boot it, holding the power button down.

The way I can recover it is by power cycling, Off / On.

8:25 Start eMscript 8:31 Changed power setting to keep back light on 5 min and turn terminal off after 5 min 8:33 Warm booted Terminal by holding power button down Device came back with Black screen, terminal was on 8:39 Powered terminal off 8:40 Powered terminal on Device came up with screen active at today screen 8:45 Powered on Screen on 8:46 Warm boot Device came up and the screen was in Black state Let terminal sleep by itself 8:57 Powered on terminal, screen was on, let goto sleep by itself 9:22 woke up with warm boot(holding down power), screen came on then device warm booted Screen was in Black state 9:26 tapped on screen, not sure what I was hitting 9:27 powered down unit 9:28 powered up unit, screen was fine, Outlook was open.

Marc Fluhrer Senior Technical Architect Motorola Solutions, Inc. (Formerly Symbol Technologies, Inc.) Cell: 818-723-7328

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Reginald Corpuz

Yosi, I can ask, in the meantime can you review the logs and tell me if there is anything causing this to happen?

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

I looked over the RTLog, can't said that I found the reason, But from the scenrio you describe below I suspect that there is somthing with the display. It will be very helpful if you can get me these registry:  HKLM\Drivers\Display Thank you.

R Reginald Corpuz

Here you go.  I had the TA get the registries for both working and non-working anyway.
One thing to note, when I do the warm boot I see the MC55A splash screen, when it comes up in what would be the OS is when the black occurs.

Difference I see:

Not working

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display]

"HIDHandle"=dword:3F000021

Working

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display]

"HIDHandle"=dword:36000021

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

While the device is in white/black screen state, Can you connect it to a PC via activer sync, and check some of its registries? (You can check the registry via - EveryWAN Remote Support for example). 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?