Need to create an MC65 MSP OS Update .apf image

// Expert user has replied.
D Daniel Teeters 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

Using OSPackage Builder 1.56 looking at the Release Notes it looks like you only need 3 file for the MC659B. But I cannot get them to work,.  Has anyone create a MC65  OS version 2.3.1.2 MSP package?      I would like to see your .OPP file. partition.mbn – Partition Table   modem.smb – Modem Firrmware FLASH.bin – Windows Mobile 6.5 Image

The following files are for use with USB Loader tool only and should not be required by end user.  It is not necessary to copy these additional files to the uSD card or to the \Temp folder.  If your unit happens to be corrupt and is not able to be reloaded using the standard update loader process, then it will be necessary to use the files listed below.  It will be then necessary to obtain the USB Loader tool.  Presently this tool is not available for download.  It will be made available in the future.

·        amss.mbn

·        appsboot.mbn

·        oemsbl.mbn

·        qcsbl.mbn

·        qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn

·        amsshd.mbn

·        apps.mbn

·        appsboothd.mbn

·        appshd.mbn

·        NPRG7627.hex

·        oemsblhd.mbn

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Herbert de Jong

attached doc can help  as well

D Daniel Teeters

If you use package builder, I don't think I will have any way to include a \Application later. We are trying to create a OSupdate with a Golden Image. Also has anyone included there OWN application folder in a Clean and WIPE?

S Sean Wheatley

Take the standard OSupdate files and make some changes so that the application gets wiped at the same time. Edit the pkgs.lst file and add in the cleanappl.bin so that the contents looks like this. modem.smb partition.mbn FLASH.bin CleanAppl.bin Then just make sure to include the CleanAppl.bin so that it also gets copied to the \SD or \Temp folder. This will update and blank with a factory image. I havent tried this with a custom application folder.

S Stephen Vye

I use the \temp folder on the MC65 and tick "Use Alternate Storage", then make sure I send the pkgs.lst and startupdldr.exe files as well. Try that - of course your pkgs.lst file should just include the 3 files you mentioned.

S Sean Wheatley

I use APB instead of OPB for the MC65. First test your files work manually in the normal way (from \SD or \Temp). Then wrap them up in a normal AB package and deploy them to the device. Use the install command below "\Temp\StartUpdLdr.exe" (Quotes are only really needed if you place them into the Storage Card due to the space in the path) I also  set the "adjust package size"  to -1, for some reason the MC65 complains that theres not enough space when usually there is. This overrides this check. Works for me.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?