Delayed Scanning on ES400

// Expert user has replied.
M Mark Johnson 3 years 5 months ago
24 2 0

Is there a way to setup DataWedge to delay a scan after the button press? I received the following question from a customer" " One question was if there was the ability to delay the scan. They have to scan barcodes that are high in the ceilings of building and with their current device they put them on the end of a pole and to reach the barcode. I read the manual and there is a delay on the pic taking so I am summing this would work for the scanning capability as well."

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Johnson

I found that by changing the Beam Timer per your suggestion AND changing the Aim Type to "Press & Release", I was able to achieve the desired functionality. Thanks a ton for your help.

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

I assume that you need to increase the beam time. Try Set the beam time desired value. It can set upto 60000ms(60sec). Open DataWedge configuration. Go to scanner configuration ScannerX->Reader Params->Beam timer. Save configuration.  Try scanning.  Alternatively what about enabling Enabling Auto Trigger feature. It will continuously emit the beam.  If your question is different please provide more information on the exact requirement.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?