Managing the ET1

// Expert user has replied.
P Paul Pandelidis 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Guys,  I want to know what alternative to MSP4 do we have for managing the ET1. We have a customer that is ready to move NOW! and I fear it may be too early for MSP4. What else are our customers using ? Do we have any references ? Do we have any best practices around an alternate solution ? Please let me know anything you can. Thanks for your feedback - every bit helps

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Arsen is incorrect in this case.  MSP 4.0 is REQUIRED for ET1 Support.  While SOME of the functionality of the ET1 Add-Ons MIGHT work if added into MSP 3.3.1, they have NOT been tested and certified and would NOT be supported if anything went wrong.  If you need to manage the ET1, then MSP 4.0 is the ONLY solution we can provide and support.  You might be able to install and use another MDM onto Android, but none have been tested and most likely you will find that any such will be sadly lacking in key functionality since they will not have (and cannot get) the permissions needed to do key features, such as silent application install, silent certificate install, and OS update.  If you need a full featured MDM for ET1, MSP 4.0 is likely the only viable solution.

A Arsen Bandurian

MSP 3.3.1 with latest control modules/ET1 Agent should do. MSP4 is all about BYOD, if you don't use self-enrollments/etc - you are fine with MSP331 MSP4 control modules will typically work in MSP3 (except the BYOD-related ones).

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?