REPLACE OS FROM WIN CE6.0 TO WIN WM6.5 on MC3190

// Expert user has replied.
N Nirmal T V 3 years 5 months ago
23 2 0

Hi, I heard from a colleague of mine that on the MC3190, the OS can be changed from CE to WIN WM. Is this possible  ? If yes , what is the procedure and what would be the cost  for the same ?  I checked in solution builder and could not find any option to change the OS for the MC3190. Awaiting response. Thanks and regards Nirmal.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

H Howard Laser

Per PMB 1755 (pg. 22), the OS Swap is available on MC3190 configs only:

Q: What is an Operating System swap and how do I request it?

A: MC3190 configurations (WLAN only) share the same hardware configuration. This provides the ability change OS on the MC3190 from CE 6.0 to WM 6.X or vice versa. This OS swap service can only be performed at a Motorola service center (terminal relabeling is also required). Please contact the Motorola Enterprise Mobility support center if your customer wishes to request an OS swap.

As with any upgrade, the swap is from one established configuration to another but there should be WM6 and CE versions of all the hardware permutations.  The OS is indicated in the 12th character of the configuration number – 0 for CE 6, 1 for WM 6.1, 2 for WM 6.5.  For example, MC3190-RL4S12E0U to MC3190-RL4S02E0U.  Swaps can be requested in either direction (CE to WM or WM to CE).

The OS swap is a paid upgrade not included in standard service offerings (unlike updates from WM 6.1 to 6.5).

Also, hardware changes (memory, battery, keypads, etc.) are not available.

The depot process for performing the OS swap was released to the service centers on DCN 00318.

J John Thurmes

Work with your Motorola Services account manager, if it's possible it would need to be done in a Motorola repair facility.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?