Slow Wavelink launch on MC9190???

// Expert user has replied.
E Efrem Robinson 3 years 5 months ago
3 1 0

I have a customer experiencing a bizarre issue where it can take up to 30 seconds from the moment they double tap the W icon to launch Wavelink to the time that it displays ENTER TO CONNECT.... Has anyone encountered this before??? I think it is tied to Fusion and the WINS value being returned in the DHCP offer... If we do not send the WINS info, the Wavelink client launches in 2 seconds or less.... Add the WINS info back into the DHCP offer and the delay returns to 30 seconds... MC9190 CE6 BSP32 Fusion 3.00.2.0.019R Wavelink 7.0.94 Thanks, Efrem Robinson

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Mario Di Pasquo

Hi Efrem, I ran into this issue a few months ago.  It is definitely related to WINS.   The chances are very good that your customer is not using WINS and if so, I would reconfigure DHCP to not assign a WINS IP address.   On my test network, I was assigning a WINS IP address in my DHCP lease that was not tied to a WINS server ( I was not using WINS resolution).   The unit would wait almost exactly 30 seconds looking for the WINS server before starting the Telnet client.    Once I reconfigured DHCP to not assign a WINS IP, the Telnet client started correctly.  

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?