ES400 Out-of-box available RAM

// Expert user has replied.
K KEN LIM 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Hi team (Based on BSP31) when we boot up new out-of-the-box with no additional apps installed, the task mgr reads that system device has 178MB, and 61MB is free for us. 
As part o the tender clarification, customer would like to understand better the allocation and use of the memory by the device?  (Eg: what happened to the (256MB-178MB) and what happened to the (178MB-61MB)). Is there any way to reduce this footprint? Thanks ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Arsen Bandurian

As far as I remember, as WM is still CE architecture, 256>178 drop is because of OS image sitting in the RAM, and 178>61 is actually because of applications and services running in the background. It's as if you had a typical Windows PC with 256M RAM, USB-booted it with windows image, that created a RAM Drive, and then using the remainder or RAM to run as usual. Correct me if I'm wrong. Typically, for ES400, disabling fancy home screen, launcher, camera and other things frees up to 30M of RAM or so. Check around - there have been numberous posts about it with REG keys and other instructions.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?