ET1: Map Applications to programmable buttons

// Expert user has replied.
J Jon Preedy 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Hi All... I'm competing with a "big windows" tablet, and the customer likes the ability to run multiple windows simultaneously (eg a telnet session and an email inbox). As there is currently no way to do this under Android, my currently alternative it so map specific applications to the P keys, making it easy to hot-swap between active windows. Has anyone found an app or OS hack that lets us do this? I know we can remap those buttons to send specific keystrokes, but I'm stuck at translating those keystroke inputs to application launch intents. Many thanks!! -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

S Sayiram Kothuri

Hi to switch between different applicaitons say if: You are using app 1 (say Gmail), then you want to check your calendar (app 2), so you left Gmail buy either pressing the “Back Key” or the “Home” key, then you looked around and found the Calendar icon and pressed it to open up the Calendar. To get back to email again, you pressed Back or Home, then pressed the Gmail App icon. Now you can just jump between the two apps by long-pressing the Home key and choosing the app you want from the “Recent” screen thanks and best regards Sayiram K N

P Pavel Bodjanac

Hi All, I do not see a response to the question on  how to map specific applications to the P keys, making it easy to hot-swap between active windows. The Integrator Guides shows how to map keys to P1 - P3, but does not show or explain how to map it to open up an application. Has anyone figured out how to do this? If you have, please share with us. Thanks.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Paul,  Not sure how you could remap P1 to P3 to launch apps but the attached free utility will allow remapping of combinations of the other hardkeys ( Menu,Home,Back,Search) to launch any of the installed apps. This seems to work well when tested on a MC40 and provides an easy way to switch directly between apps. Best Regards, Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?