Is there a way to disable the camera autofocus function on the MC75A?

M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
2 4 0

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable autofocus on the MC75A. Possibly a reg key or a command in the API??

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

V Vijaykumar Palvai

I was using MC75A device with BSP41. I hope even MC91 has BSP41 software. let me know what OEM version you are using on your device, i will verify on that device. Regards, Vijay

M Marcus Kurath

Vijay Thanks for the followup. I found out that the registry gest created when you go ino Pictures&Video and disable autofocus from the Camera GUI. Unfortunately this setting does not affect how the camera behaves when it is under the control of the Motorola Imager API...It is persistenmt and does work when using the native application.... Support advised that there is no way to disable autofocus when using the Imager API. If you know something different, I'd be happy to tryu anything

V Vijaykumar Palvai

Please check, if below thread is applicable for you: http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/27374/view.aspx Alternatively, you can also use the following registry to disable the Autofocus: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symbol\pictures\camera\user] "CSPROPERTY_CAMERACONTROL_FOCUS" = dword:00000000 Regards, Vijay

M Marcus Kurath

Can you advise which device this information is for. I looked on an MC95 (I dont have an MC75A) and the registry value/hive below does not exist The only entries under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software   are Security and Startup (no pictures) Please see attached screen shot

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?