Help on Emulator and IDE to develop HTML solutions for SB1

Hi,

I dont have the real device of SB1 yet but in the meanwhile i want to check my php based server integration by testing on Emulator.

I am looking for some help on suggesting an emulator and good IDE for developing applications for SB1.

Please help.

-Bhuvana.

Robert Galvin
There is no emulator per se,

There is no emulator per se, but you can use the. Css and asl.js from the device and just use your desktop browser like Chrome. In Chrome dev tools you can also over-ride the user agent and scteen size.I will be showing this in the webinar this week.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bhuvana V
Dear Robert,Thats helps alot

Dear Robert,

Thats helps alot and thank you for the response.

-Bhuvana

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

ALFAPROJECT ALF...
Hi Robert,so is it possible

Hi Robert,

so is it possible to use chrome browser as "emulator"  of  "smart badge SB1",  could you post a link of your webinar  where you show this?

Thanks in advance.

Pietro.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Pietro,yes, you can use

Hi Pietro,

yes, you can use Chrome dev tools to test the styling of your application, however to handle calls to some of the APIs (Scanner, Notification, etc) you need to have some sort of poly-filler for these API.

Rob's webinar is not up-to-date, however is a good overview of how to develop for the SB1.

On top of then we have now released the developer tools:

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=95102&productDetailGUID=5dc7e3883f840410VgnVCM1…

And some videos that shows how to use RDT to setup, configure and stage the SB1

RDT Video Series: Using RDT to stage the SB1 on a WLAN network (1 of 2) - YouTube

RDT Video Series: How to perform an OS Update on the SB1 device using RDT (2 of 2) - YouTube

RDT Video-3: Using Package Builder with RDT - YouTube

Best regards

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

ALFAPROJECT ALF...
Hi Pietro,Thanks for the

Hi Pietro,

Thanks for the answer and  useful links.

Do you have any advice on building Html5/JS single page application with AngularJS or knockout.js+backbone.js or other frameworks that fits on SB1?.

Thanks in advance.

Pietro.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
> Do you have any advice on

> Do you have any advice on building Html5/JS single page application with AngularJS or knockout.js+backbone.js or other frameworks that fits on SB1?.

Yes, don't use a big framework like AngularJS.

Remember the limits of the target device.

If you like, you can reach out to me (pietro DOT maggi AT motorolasolutions DOT com) to setup a chat about these arguments.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’