disable on-primary-port-link-loss

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hi, please let me ask the question. AP-5131 and AP-7131(V4.x) had the "Ethernet Timeout" feature. Now I found out "disable on-primary-port-link-loss" at GUI/CLI. 1) When was this implemented?          Based on my check, this seems to be appeared since V5.2.1. 2) Is this the similar feature as Ethernet timeout and supported feature?         This seems to be working expectedly through my rough testing.         Beacon seems to be stooping if this was enabled for the specific WLAN. Your side input would be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Kevin Marshall

Sato San, Are you refering to disabling the WLAN in WiNG 5.X based on Ethernet port loss or something else? For 'Dependent Access Points' we will shutdown the WLAN in the event of un-adoption from the Controller. This capability has existing since WiNG 5.0. For 'Independent Access Points' we will provide this functionality in WiNG 5.4 and above. In 5.4 you can disable each WLAN based on 'Un-adoption', 'Link Loss', 'Meshpoint Root Loss' and 'Critical Resoure Monitoring'. Regards, Kevin

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Kevin-san Thank you for your attention and input. Although I did not mention, this is for Standalone AP. I also know the enhancement with V5.4 critical resource monitoring. On the other hand, this seems to be working with AP-6532 V5.2.1. So I think we can ask the partner to check this as AP-5131/AP-7131 v4.x replacement.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?