TLS REG setting?

M Mark Schaff 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

The US army is using the MC9090 with WM 6.1 in with WZC. the are being mandated by the  AKO that authentication now requires TLS 1.0 to be enabled on the browsers, otherwise it won’t authenticate the users and you get an error.  Where within Pocket browser reg setting can you  eanble TLS?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Mark, According to the MSDN Page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa924160.aspx These are the settings: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\EAP\Extension\13]     "FriendlyName"="TLS"     "InvokeUserNameDialog"=dword:1     "ConfigUIPath"="eaptls.dll"     "Path"="eaptls.dll"

However, looking at my WM6.5 registry, I found this setting that I think is the same thing since it uses the same DLL, just a different friendly name: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\EAP\Extension\25]     "FriendlyName"="PEAP"     "InvokeUserNameDialog"=dword:1     "ConfigUIPath"="eaptls.dll"     "Path"="eaptls.dll"

I was able to get to go to my bank’s web page (HTTPS://...) and it worked fine, it asked me about the certs etc. So I think TLS is enabled by default Anyone else out there have any ideas or experience with this?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?