AP6522 Console Port Baud Rate

A Antony Lee 3 years 5 months ago
15 4 0

Does anyone know the baud rate of AP6522 ? It seems that it is not the same as RFS switches and AP 71xx. Regards Antony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Alexandre Silva

Hi Antony The baud rate should 115200

A Antony Lee

Hi Alex Thanks. I got it thru the console. Do you know why it is not 19200, which is default for all other RFS/AP ? Regards Antony

A Alexandre Silva

Hi Antony I don't have an AP6522, because it hasn't been released.  I believe it will be available at the time WING 5.4 will be released.  We do have in our lab an AP622, which should be available already, and support started in WING 5.2.3; also available in 5.2.13.  They should work "almost" the same way, differences only between independent (6522) vs dependent (622) APs. The AP622 installation guide doesn't give the baud rate, even if it has a console port.  Maybe because it is only an dependent AP: "The AP-0622 access point receives its configuration once adopted by a Motorola Solutions RFS4000, RFS6000,RFS7000 or NX9000 series controller. There are no required initial configuration settings beyond verifying power and LED functionality for an AP-0622 model access point. Once adopted, the access point is managed by its connected controller and can receive periodic firmware updates when Motorola Solutions releases updates with new controller functionality." Maybe the AP6522 Installation Guide, will contain in future the baud rate settings. I am not sure why the baud rate is changed, but I believe the new hardware needs these new settings.

R Rex Kumar

Hi, In WING 5, only AP 6521 & AP 6532 is there. The baud rate for this is 19200. By default telnet is disabled. You can access the AP by using SSH. Regards Rex

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?