NX9500 power up issue after restored power

S Samuel Lynch 3 years 5 months ago
3 1 0

Good day, everyone- I need to know if anyone has experienced issues with the NX9500 not powering up on it's own after a power outage. Our customer has power issues on their raised floor last week. The 9500 front LED's show power supplies taking power, but the system does not actually power back up when the power is restored.  We are wanting to find out the CMOS/BIOS password in hopes to find an option that will allow the box to power up - on its own - when power it receives power.  I know some server platforms are configured this way (where one must manually push the power button to boot the server, even if it already had power).  For an enterprise class box, controlling configuration and carrying L2 mint connections from potentially hundreds of remote RF Domain managers, this box MUST be able to power up on its own.  This isn't going to fly with large opportunity customers... If you have come across this and have a solution, please let me know.  If you happen to know the CMOS/BIOS password (or how to obtain it), we'd like to know as well. We have sent this behavior to engineering, but no information as to a solution yet.
Sam Lynch

Sr. Presales Technical Architect

Walmart Global Enterprise Motorola Solutions, Inc.

1201 S.E. 28th Street

Bentonville, AR  72712 motorolasolutions.com O:  479.657.4082

M: 479.866.1585 E: sam.lynch@motorolasolutions.com

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

S Samuel Lynch

Good morning. There is an attribute in BIOS that will allow for the fix. Services will be responsible for making this change in BIOS. Thanks, Sam

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?