Recommended JVM for MC devices (WM6, 6.1, 6.5, WEH)

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
3 2 0

I have a current customer that is using 5 licenses for IBM WEME J9 on MC9190 & MC919Z.  They want to purchase more licenses and roll out starting from 50 to possibly 200. I am concerned that the product is past end of life (according to IBM  http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycleapp/PLCSearch.wss?q=Web… ) I am not a Java expert, but I was hoping to find a JVM that has current and future support.  I was looking at NSIcom CrE-me but I do not have the Java talent to take our EMDK for Java and make a sample app to run in CrE-me.  I would like to see a demo that at least demonstrates barcode scanning. Has anyone else crossed this bridge?  If so, could you please share any ideas or paths I should take?  I need to make some recommendations to some customers.  Thank you.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Dino,  The EMDK for Java includes pre-built CAB files for the sample apps so you can easily test the EMDK samples as follows: a) install Creme JVM (free download from www.nsicom.com) b) install Moto EMDK for Java support ( symbol.java.arm.cab ) c) install Moto EMDK for Java samples ( symbol.jsamples.arm.cab )   The samples can then be run from Samples.Java in Programs. Best Regards, Ian Hatton MSI EMEA

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thank you.  I had installed CrE-me but did not find the samples from our EMDK.  Your post indicated cab files. I found that the java CAB files were under my "\Public\..." directory, not "\Program files\...".  Once I found the cab files, I was able to install and test. Thanks again!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?