Link Aggregation with WiNG5

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
8 3 0

Hi

Please tell me how to configure Link Aggregation correctly. I know LACP is not supported with RFS V4.x and V5.x, so the static configuration is needed.

Now we want to connect RFS7000 like the below.

GE1 and GE2 with VLAN20

GE3 and GE4 with VLAN10,110,120,130,140

Now we configured like the below and 2xRFS7000 were connected to Cisco Catalyst. However, ping between the default gateway and RFS7000 was lost. If we removed some ports, Ping was fine.

We are using V5.2.13.0 at the testing environment.

Please let me know if the configuration below is correct or not. Your side input would be greatly appreciated.

=== interface ge1   no shutdown   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 20   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 20   channel-group 1  interface ge2   no shutdown   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 20   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 20   channel-group 1  interface ge3   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 110   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,110,120,130,140   channel-group 2  interface ge4   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 110   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,110,120,130,140   channel-group 2  interface port-channel1   no shutdown   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 20   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 20  interface port-channel2   switchport mode trunk   switchport trunk native vlan 110   switchport trunk native tagged   switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,110,120,130,140 ===

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Kevin-san

I really appreciate your comment. Also I am on the same page regarding to the symptom I observed.

If possible, please send the cisco catalyst configuration in case that RFS will be connected in this situation. (In fact, this system integrator is asking that question at the same time.) I will also consider another approach, based on this.

Best Regards Sato  

K Kevin Marshall

I will forward you an email offline where I did this for another customer. Regards, Kevin

K Kevin Marshall

Your port-channel configuration looks fine. I would take a look at the Catalyst switch configuration as from what your describing it sounds to me like the Catalyst switch is treating the ports as a non LAG group as STP appears to be blocking VLANs or ports.  

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?