Multiple apps and scanner managment

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Matheson 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

Hi, I am looking for any options for an elegant way of switching between applications that both utilize the scanner. In this case my customer uses Wavelink which controls scanner directly, and a Browser based app which uses datawedge. When you switch from one to the other you get errors about scanner access. Only option is to exit one app before opening the other but this is complicaetd for users with too many keystrokes and time consuming. We will be testing some options using datawedge for both apps or Wavelink's option to leave scanner on after exit but wanted to check if anyone has the same type of customer environment and any options you may be using to manage this. My customer is using MC9090 CE5 and MC9060 CE4.2 with AppCenter, Wavelink and IE/Datawedge. Any utilities or apps to help manage swapping between apps perhaps? Thanks for any advice Chris

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

C Chris Matheson

Thanks for the replies, Datawedge profiles working well for the MC9090's but still looking for a solution for the MC9060 since it doesn't run Datawedge v3.x. Any options for managing this on a 9060 CE 4.2 (no profiles in DW 2.x)

M Michael Holman

You have two options here. 1. Disable scanner in Wavelink and let Datawedge handle scanning. 2. Create a profile within Datawedge with "Application" option defined as TelnetCE.exe and uncheck the ENABLE option.  Confiugred this way, when Datawedge sees Wavelink as the foreground application it releases the scanner. I have attached a sample config directory.  Copy this directory (and its contents) to \Program Files\Datawedge\Config (overwrite all = Yes) then warm boot. You can now scan with Datawedge at any time unless Wavelink is running at which time Wavelink will take control of the scanner.

M Marcus Kurath

Its probably worth investigating the advanced Datawedge configuration parameters. I have used these  to select different profiles for differedfnt applications. It works by using a specific profile for the foreground app. I'm not sure if just having datawedge on  will disrupt the operation of Wavelink but I would start by trying to make the profile for the "non wavelink" app specific to that app Attached is a doc I wrote several years ago with some info that might be helpful

M Marcus Kurath

Its probably worth investigating the advanced Datawedge configuration parameters. I have used these  to select different profiles for differedfnt applications. It works by using a specific profile for the foreground app. I'm not sure if just having datawedge on  will disrupt the operation of Wavelink but I would start by trying to make the profile for the "non wavelink" app specific to that app Attached is a doc I wrote several years ago with some info that might be helpful

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?