MSP 3.3.1 GetConfigData

// Expert user has replied.
G Gary Hartstone 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hello, I'm currently trying to obtain the config info of a bunch of MC1790s using the MSP GetConfigData tool. Basically we've had a lot of non-touch MC17s loaded with the touch configuration (which is causing issues) , and the easiest way to confirm this is by looking at the ConfigInfo. The Config Info Device type I'm looking for is "SD". Unfortunately this is not available in the standard GetConfigData report options. There are is however the option to add custom report data, which requires... 1.   Custom Config Type Code: 2.   Custom Attribute Name: Can someone please assist me with the data and format required for these GetConfigData custom reports? Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gary Hartstone

Allan, thanks for the quick response. I'll try to find another way of obtaining the information.

A Allan Herrod

The MSP GetConfigData Control Module simply calls the EMDK function RCM_GetConfigurationData API.  That API is defined in the EMDK help in the Resource Coordination section.  That API takes a single numeric parameter. which is defined in the EMDK header file, indicating the type of configuration data requested.  That API returns a device-specific value for the requested configuration data, if it is available for that device. Which types of configuration data can be requested for a given device and which values will be returned for a given type of configuration data that can be requested are device specific.  From looking at the relevant header file, I see no indication that this API can return the type of SD card present.  The information you want MAY be in the ConfigInfo, but if it is not explicitly implemented to be returnable by the above API, then you are not going to be able to acquire and report it using the GetConfigData Control Module. Allan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?