MC75A GPS sample code

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years 5 months ago
4 7 0

My customer was able to properly write an application to read NMEA GPS data on a MC75. However, they just could not make this work on a MC75A. They have tried all which is explained on EMDK's help file, to no avail. Does someone have some piece of code about this (GPS on MC75A) that can be shared with them? Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Tak Kjell! Unfortunatelly, it's exactly this sample what they are testing :-( . On a few different MC75A6 units, actually.

H Herbert de Jong

Attached is  GPS sample  from DTK 6.5 cpp  MobileGPS and also from SDK 6 in cpp and GPSsample from c# this works on MC75A6  OEM 41 remember that we are using our Moto intermediate GPS driver for a while on MPA 1.5 and MPA 2.0 now and the default settings are  GPS program port com8 and Hardware port com2 57600 baud. the method is using the GPSPosition structure of GPS Api. more info found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb202062.aspx http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/44971
For location awareness I attach a useful document for your reference here as well.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Dank U wel Herbert!

M Marcus Kurath

A few years ago I had some interesting behavior with a GPS application. It would not work until I installed google maps...then both goodle map or the application would work...I'm not sure how we addressed this but I think it had to do with when the application started the GPS application. In any case, durinmg that issue I got the attached cab frime from someone and it seems to work cionsistently... Good Luck

K Kjell Lloyd

Would MS GPS intermediate be an option for them? if yes then... Could they just not cut and paste some MS code sample from the SDK (there seems to be a C# sample back to WM 5 SDK and newer)? This should demonstrates how to use the GPS intermediate driver (default English OS path): C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile 6.5.3 DTK\Samples\PocketPC\CS\GPS or if you only WM5 SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2\Samples\PocketPC\Cs Hope this helps.

M Mark Mann

You may want to check and see if SPR 22236 addresses your issue. Mark

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks, but this SPR seems to be about java applications, and my customer is writing a C# one.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?