MK3000 how to auto-start a configuration process

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

team, I am working on a project to automate the process of burning a "gold image" on an MK3000.  the goal is eliminate or minimize the user interaction as much as possible. 1. I understand that using the "auto-run" work only on Windows Mobile devices.  does anyone know if there is an equivalent process for Windows CE5? 2. has anyone come across the same requirement of auto-starting an imaging process? and have come up with a work around (i.e. BootP?)? thanks, afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Roland Rozsa

Try the GAR Format, see attached... Roland

G Gregory Bertram

Have you tried Start up Controll utility?

A Afshin Mansoorieh

the issue with startup-control is that someone would have to active-sync the device with their PC to install the startup-control tool. we want to streamline the process so a computer-savvy technician who may not be familiar with WindowsCE would take a unit out of the box insert an MicroSD card and start the process. The goal is to limit the user's role to be a "simple" mechanical and repeatable process.

G Gregory Bertram

It sounds like you need to create a custome applicaiotn folder that has start up control already loaded along with any other files or cab that you need to install.  This custom cpplicaiotn folder could be loaded from an SC card using startupldr.exe.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?