Remove Wireless settings after Staging complete

// Expert user has replied.
W Warren Evans 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

I have a Staging profile that includes wireless settings so that the device can connect to the relay server and install a bundle (simple cab file).  Pretty simple and all works fine. But, after this is done, I need it to delete the wireless settings that were created. I'd rather not clean-cold-boot the device after this is done.   This is MSP 3.3.1 on a MC659B.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Remove WLAN Profiles is something we have considered adding multiple times.  But at present, this is NOT currently an MSP Feature.  If you have not applied the WLAN Settings persistently (i.e. via a Bundle), then it WILL go away on Clean Boot.  That is the only current way to force it to go away.  You could, however, apply new WLAN Settings and select "Disable all other profiles".  This won't REMOVE the old profiles, but it will disable them so that they won't be used and only the newly defined Profile will be enabled.  That way, you can at least ensure that it stops using the old WLAN Profile and is forced to begin using the new one.  And if the new one is applied persistently (i.e. via a Bundle), then it will be the one that is reapplied on the next Clean Boot and hence at that time the old, disabled WLAN Profiles will finally be cleaned up.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?