ET1 connected with USB DS4208

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

We have a customer that wants to attach a DS4208 via USB to the ET1.  Has anyone done that?  Has anyone attached any USB scanner to the ET1 with success? If so, what cables/adapters/configurations  were used to make this happen? Thanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Your response answered the question (but I did not know how to mark you response as the answer) Plus your response should benefit many others that run into this issue. Thank you.

J Joe Mozolic

There is also a short, about 10 inches, USB adapter cable 25-119281-01R (part of the MK3000 kit) that might be able to be secured to the ET1 via tie wrap to a screw that holds handstrap bracket.

D Don Khan

Dino,          Don't go down this path...it's painful!!!!  Unfortunately, against my recommendation, a customer went down this path and is now in a less than desirable situation.  Retention of the scanner unto the ET1 is the main issue resulting in the users abandoning the solution.  The micro USB port was never intended for such a solution as there is no means of securing the cable and adapter. If you wish to test, I have been successful with an LS2208 (customer has stacked linear barcodes) using an adapter: 25-133854-01R (stay away from inexpensive adapters).  I have not tested with the DS 4208, however, there is no reason why it would not work. The customer is now down the path of the scanner attachment.  Though it is an imager and we are dealing with stacked linear codes, we were able to configure for "pick list" and all is well. Good luck, Don

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?