MC9190 - WM6.5 - Changing idle on battery power timer to more than 5 minutes

J Justin Salvage 3 years 5 months ago
11 1 0

MC9190 WM6.5 OEM 02.41.0003 I have a customer who is trying change the following setting... "Start > Settings > System > Power > Advanced" Checked off "Turn off device if not used for" UI only allow me to choose a value of 1-5 minutes. Customer wants to change this to 10 minutes (via registry) I tried some tests and found the following for each registry setting [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts] "BattSuspendTimeout"=dword:00000258 ; 258 (hex) = 600 seconds = 10 minutes When this setting is merged and device rebooted, the UI on OS shows "1 minute".  Testing shows the device does not go to sleep after 10 minutes of idle activity when off battery power  It appears that you cannot use registry settings to bypass limitations imposed by OS UI. Is there any way to change this setting to something greater than 5 minutes?  Is this a restriction by the OS that we would not provide a work around for?  On older devices (MC9060 for example), it was possible to do this via registry manipulation.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Justin,  This registry change should work provided you reboot after changing the key (so that it is read) and don't access the Settings/System/Power applet (since this will reset the timeout to a value which is in the GUI range). In practice you could prevent users accessing the Power applet using AppCenter to lock them into a defined set of applications. Best Regards, Ian Hatton MSI EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?