MC75A6 - What does Auto Illumination setting in CTLPanel do?

J Justin Salvage 3 years ago
0 0 0

MC75A6-P3CSWRRAAWR TERM:WLP,BB,256/1GB,NUM,WM6.5,2.5X Blockbuster 2D Imager Copied "CTLPanelWM.exe" over to device Opened CTLPanel.exe Went to "Scanner Settings > Reader Params > Illumination" Noticed there are 3 options... On, Off, Auto Illumination On and Off are obvious However, "Auto Illumination" appears the behave no differentlt then "On". I was under the impression "Auto Illumination" would dynamically adjust the illuminaton of the scanner based on the environmental light. However, illumination appears to be the same. I tested reading in a dark area within a drawer and also trying to read directly in front of a light. For great measure, I shined a flash light directly into imager area and appear to still get the same illumination. My question is: is Auto illumination broken?  Are there some caveats to where this setting only works with certain hardware?  A customer wanted to take advantage of such a setting as the illumination light is bothersome to workers, but is necessary in dark environments. Any information/feedback is greatly appreciated.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?