ET1 Browser setting greyed out?

// Expert user has replied.
C Chris Matheson 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

In the Browser on the ET1, there is a setting called Website Settings. This is greyed out on the ET1 and as such, cannot be changed. Problem is a customer is trying to stop the device from being redirected to the mobile version of the site they are accessing and this is the setting needed to stop this but they can't access it. I assumer there is a reason why we've blocked this but not sure. Anyone know? Chris

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

C Chris Matheson

Thanks, good tip, but it does not work on the ET1

D Don Khan

Chris,           We do not have a UAString option in settings to allow the user to flip to desktop mode. Most mobile pages do offer a view option (normally in an obscure area of the page which allows the user to flip into desktop mode.  Normally you do this once for the respective site and any successive view of the site will remain in desktop until you clear cache and history. You may consider a GRIP for the UAString option in settings.  Hopefully when we get to IceCream or Jelly bean (or if we do), the option will be there. good luck

A Alarico De Zotti

Try this: on the url bar after the site show up write about:useragent and in theory will pop up a menu that let you choose the visualization parameters then choose desktop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jru0UIk9suw BTW I try now Open the browser then click on the menu button (the hard one) then a bottom tray bar appear then click More then Settings go down till UASTRING then choose desktop I never try on the ET1 BTW Alarico

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?