MC65 - Is it possible to change default value of Autorun policy?

J Justin Salvage 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

A customer posed the following question in regards to an MC65 device.  Can anyone assist in answer this question?   I looked for the following registry key on an MC65 (not sure if this is the correct one for this topic) but was unable to find it...
;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies] ; "00000002"=dword:0
CUSTOMER'S QUESTION: Is it possible to change default value of Autorun policy on an MC65?  The following Microsoft website references an “Auto Run Policy” (Policy ID 2), which is the first item at top of page.  It’s default setting is “0”, so it’s enabled by default.  I believe that the attached provisioning document changes setting to “1”, so that it’s turned off.  However, the elevated “SECROLE_MANAGER” role may be needed to perform this provisioning operation.  Can you let me know if Motorola supports this change and if so, what else needs to be done to perform the operation? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb416355.aspx> Here is our company ID: 242800 Here is an MC65 serial number for your reference: 12055521403037

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Justin,  Not sure if this setting is mapped directly to the registry but it can be changed via XML provisioning. The attached CAB file will install the required XML code to disable autorun functionality i.e. run the CAB on the device and reboot - any autorun.exe file in the \2577 folder of the SD card will subequently be ignored (with no error message shown to the user). Best Regards, Ian Hatton MSI EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?