Wifi adapters - Support for various queries

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Salvage 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

A customer posed the following inquiry regarding wifi adapters across various mobile devices (based on OS).  Can anyone assist in confirming the info below? CUSTOMER'S QUESTION: I following up on what type of statistics and information I can query about the Wi-Fi adapters.  Focusing on generic industry standard cross vendor information.  I did some additional testing on a variety of terminals.  From the testing I have done it looks like most of the newer devices fall into two categories.  At this time I have not gone back to look at the S24 devices. WinCE 5.0 devices (WT4090 / MC9090) · Does not support registering for NDIS events for tracking of roams etc.. (IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUEST_NOTIFICATION) · Does not support querying NIC statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_NIC_STATISTICS) · Does not support querying Wi-Fi statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_QUERY_OID_VALUE / OID_802_11_STATISTICS) · Does not support querying Wi-Fi info (OID_802_11_RSSI, OID_802_11_BSSID, etc..) · Does not support querying additional Wi-Fi OID’s from windot11.h (example OID_DOT11_COUNTRY_STRING) Note: The Cradle/Ethernet drivers on these devices unlike the Radio does support the non-80211 features  All the other newer devices (WinCE 6.0, WinCE 7.0, WM 5.0, WM 6.1 & WM 6.5) · Does support registering for NDIS events (IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUEST_NOTIFICATION) · Does support querying NIC statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_NIC_STATISTICS) · Does support querying Wi-Fi statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_QUERY_OID_VALUE / OID_802_11_STATISTICS) · Does support querying Wi-Fi info (OID_802_11_RSSI, OID_802_11_BSSID, etc..) · Does not support querying additional Wi-Fi OID’s from windot11.h (example OID_DOT11_COUNTRY_STRING) I want to confirm this information with Motorola to make sure that I am not reporting incorrect information.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

C Charles Malm

I have taken this case over from Justin, I don't seee any reason we wouldn't be conforming to this, but the TA, Dave Barkovitch wants some sort of confirmation which I don't have the resources to do.

C Charles Malm

I have taken this case over from Justin, I don't seee any reason we wouldn't be conforming to this, but the TA, Dave Barkovitch wants some sort of confirmation which I don't have the resources to do.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?