ET1 WLAN Encryption Key Location

// Expert user has replied.
J Jonathan Boriotti 3 years ago
1 4 0

1) Time/Date 11//2/12

2) Response time 4hr

3) Product ET1N0

4) OS Version Rev C

5) Clarify Case # 2714369 Customer has asked these two questions: 1. Can USB connection to ET1 be disabled? The concern is even if using EHS and/or Multi-User/Applock, you can still make USB connection to the device and turn on USB storage. 2. Where is the WLAN encryption key stored and is it encrypted? I cannot find it anywhere which is good, however, if someone steals the device and roots it, can they retrieve this key? I told the customer the USB cannot be locked down, although if there is a way I don't know of, that would be good to know. I don't know yet if the customer is referring to the Cradle or the USB Attachment - I assume he means the cradle, since the USB attachment doesn't connect to a PC. I definitely don't have and would like the answer to the second question.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Jonathan Boriotti

Any chance that I could get an update on this?

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

I verified it with Fusion team and here is their answer, Making sure our devices cannot be rooted is the key to our security model and MX (MESA). If (and that is a BIG if) someone roots our device then security will be compromised.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

1. The user can enable/disable the usb debugging and mass storage from the ET1 after connecting to the PC. Does the customer want to disable the USB charging as well? I don't think this could be done. So you were accurate with your answer.

2. I need to verify it with Fusion team, but as far as I know - I am not sure if it stored on the device since its an open platform and need to be exposed to everyone, I will get back to you with this.

J Jonathan Boriotti

Any chance that I could get an update on this?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?