Wifi adapters - Support for various queries

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

cross posting from:  http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/30912/view.aspx A customer posed the following inquiry regarding wifi adapters across various mobile devices (based on OS).  Can anyone assist in confirming the info below? CUSTOMER'S QUESTION: I following up on what type of statistics and information I can query about the Wi-Fi adapters.  Focusing on generic industry standard cross vendor information.  I did some additional testing on a variety of terminals.  From the testing I have done it looks like most of the newer devices fall into two categories.  At this time I have not gone back to look at the S24 devices. WinCE 5.0 devices (WT4090 / MC9090) · Does not support registering for NDIS events for tracking of roams etc.. (IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUEST_NOTIFICATION) · Does not support querying NIC statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_NIC_STATISTICS) · Does not support querying Wi-Fi statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_QUERY_OID_VALUE / OID_802_11_STATISTICS) · Does not support querying Wi-Fi info (OID_802_11_RSSI, OID_802_11_BSSID, etc..) · Does not support querying additional Wi-Fi OID’s from windot11.h (example OID_DOT11_COUNTRY_STRING) Note: The Cradle/Ethernet drivers on these devices unlike the Radio does support the non-80211 features  All the other newer devices (WinCE 6.0, WinCE 7.0, WM 5.0, WM 6.1 & WM 6.5) · Does support registering for NDIS events (IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUEST_NOTIFICATION) · Does support querying NIC statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_NIC_STATISTICS) · Does support querying Wi-Fi statistics (IOCTL_NDISUIO_QUERY_OID_VALUE / OID_802_11_STATISTICS) · Does support querying Wi-Fi info (OID_802_11_RSSI, OID_802_11_BSSID, etc..) · Does not support querying additional Wi-Fi OID’s from windot11.h (example OID_DOT11_COUNTRY_STRING) I want to confirm this information with Motorola to make sure that I am not reporting incorrect information.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D David Meyer

Your findings look correct.  You can also query most or all of these things through the Fusion API.  The Fusion API provides a function which allows you to pass OID queries through Fusion.  This would be recommended because it can work on all versions of Fusion that contain the API (I believe this existed since Fusion 2.4). Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?